If you’re a vegetarian and looking to make something sweet and without any eggs then this apple is for you.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar for dough
- 2 tsp cold water for dough
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped and peeled apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup sugar for filling
- 1 tbsp water for filling
- For the dough:
- Sift flour in a bowl
- Add in the sugar and stir thoroughly
- Add the butter
- Break the butter and mix into the flour
- Add in cold water until it forms a soft dough
- cover the dough with cling wrap
- refrigerate the dough for 45 minutes
- For filling:
- In a pan add chopped apples, cinnamon, and sugar
- Add 1 tbsp water and mix while cooking over medium heat until sugar water evaporates
- Transfer to a bowl to let it cool.
- Grease pie tins with butter
- Take the dough out of the fridge, if the dough is hard sprinkle some cold water on
- Divide the dough into 2, roll and make a semi-thick chapati
- Place into a greased tin, press it in the tin to make it even Trim the sides, do the same with 2nd one with the left-over trims, roll to a square shape, cut rectangle strips.
- Fill the tart with apple filling, place rectangle strips over in a checker pattern.
- Brush with milk.
- Place in oven at 180 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take out of tins and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1634Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 943mgCarbohydrates: 213gFiber: 8gSugar: 45gProtein: 14g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram