This lemon cupcake recipe is moist and sweet just like all cupcakes should be. The lemon icing gives it a zing to it but isn’t overwhelming.
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams castor sugar
- 150 grams self-raising flour
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 lemons
- lemon buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter with the caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Grate the zest from one lemon and add it to the mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 10-15 minutes until risen
- The test they are done by sticking a0 cocktail stick into the center of one of the cupcakes – if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Allow cooling in the tin.
- Once cool, add your lemon buttercream to a piping bag and pipe swirls onto each of the cupcakes.
- To finish, decorate the cupcakes with a grating of lemon and small slices of lemon if you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 216Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram
Spread the love