yummy easily prepared strawberry Jam recipe that tastes better than the one you would buy from a store… but unlike that, this is healthy and naturally made
Yummy, yummy easily prepared strawberry Jam recipe that tastes better than the one you would buy from a store… but unlike that this is healthy and naturally made with real and tasty strawberries that are healthy for you while letting you enjoy your favorite spread in your cakes and bread!
Strawberries are consumed in massive quantities, either fresh or in such already prepared foods as jam, juice, pies, ice cream, milkshakes, and chocolates. Strawberries possess a high level of antioxidant activity and thus have a subsequently useful impact on the upkeep of client health.
Artificial strawberry flavorings and aromas are hugely utilized in merchandise similar to candy, soap, lip gloss, perfume, and plenty of others. If you want to know more strawberries and their chemistry I recommend reading this article.
Strawberries are literally a bunch of fruits (genus Fragaria) containing many varieties and are a part of the family Rosaceae. Strawberries, known as the usual red fruit has an early summer harvest, with the particular season counting on the variability as well as location.
Strawberry Growers in some regions like California and Florida harvest strawberries nearly the whole year, whereas in different parts of the globe the fruit is simply ripe for selecting for a couple of short months.
Why we love Strawberry Jam?
Strawberries are typically sweet, nice, and lightly tart, with firm and juicy however not robust flesh. the little seeds add a lightweight crunch. Flavor, color, size, and texture will vary counting on the variability of strawberries. Smaller, redder strawberries generally tend to be sweeter and juicier, whereas bigger berries with hollow white interiors are typically drier and fewer flavorful.
Advantages of Strawberry:
- Strawberries are high in water and a healthy part of any diet. additionally, to being low in calories and saturated fat, strawberries contain lots of antioxidants and ascorbic acid. They’re additionally a decent supply of dietary fiber.
- Strawberries are a superb supply of folic acid. There’s quite enough ascorbic acid. Strawberries contain over 100% of our daily suggested intake of vitamin C in precisely one cup. They’re an excellent supply of fiber.
- High in fiber, which is vital for moving food through your digestive system and assisting with bowel movements.
- High in antioxidants.
- They contain anthocyanin, which could be a powerful inhibitor that protects us as people from the damaging effects of our surroundings, particularly the sun.
- Strawberries actually make muscles work much better.
Health benefits of Strawberries:
Are strawberries good for you?
Yes, those tiny little sweet red berries are absolutely good for you! There are numerous health benefits that strawberries and are greatly appreciated for its characteristic aroma, bright red color, juicy texture, and sweetness.
- Strawberries protect your heart: eating strawberries regularly may reduce the risk of a heart attack as shown in some studies done, this is due to strawberries containing anthocyanins.
Improve digestion: strawberries are known to be rich in Fibre which would definitely be a major factor in your diet. It also has high water content which means that it will prevent constipation.
- Strawberries Manage High Blood pressure: strawberries are known to be high in potassium meaning that it may possibly help to lower your blood pressure and keep you healthy!
- Strawberries are known to whiten your teeth: that’s right! Next time you’re at the supermarket you may want to purchase a pint of strawberries as these red berries are known to contain malic acid.
All you do is mash a medium-sized ripened strawberry with a little spoon of baking soda, lather across your teeth with an extra toothbrush before rinsing well and you should perform this weekly for the best results (shiny, white, beautiful teeth!).
As you can see the above points are just a few points we’ve found on why strawberries are really good for you, they have various health benefits.. Some of which we have not mentioned but this fruit is tasty and sweet and can be used in different ways!
Facts about Strawberries
- The ancient Romans thought strawberries might cure dangerous breath and chronic fainting.
- Where multiple various fruits have just one seed on the within, strawberries have two hundred seeds on the surface.
- Strawberries are the sole fruits to own their seeds on the surface.
- There is a museum in the European country, Belgium only for strawberries.
- Strawberries actually make the brain work much better.
- Strawberries are a member of the family Rosaceae.
- Giant strawberries will be as massive as apples, measuring 8-10 centimeters long.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store Strawberries?
Well you go to the store and strawberries are on sale, they’re usually pricey and a 2 for 1 special so you decide to buy them, now at home and realizing “ how do I store my strawberries? “ well I’m here to tell you that it can be done! You can store your strawberries so that they don’t go off by following the following steps (no pun intended) :
Wash only what you want to eat!
This rule of washing only a few strawberries you intend to eat because strawberries that get wet are more likely to go bad really quickly and grow mold on them as moisture does this to berries. They also get mushy and soft if you wash them and leave them. So that’s tip number one!
Leave their stems on until you decide to use them!
Well, it’s apparently a fact that if you leave their stems on them, they’ll actually stay fresher for longer, another tip you shouldn’t ignore.
Thirdly, and I can’t emphasize this more! Do not let one bad berry spoil the pint!
So if there’s a berry that’s starting to go off and mold slightly you should definitely remove it and discard it because if you leave it in then the rest of the berries will definitely go bad so to prevent your entire pint of strawberries from molding, you should definitely follow this!
So let me tell you how you can store your strawberries:
Firstly, it depends when you’re using the, if you plan on using the strawberries on the same day you purchased them, then it’s perfectly okay to store them on a countertop at room temperature.
Secondly, if you don’t plan on using the strawberries immediately, you should store them in a refrigerator by Placing them in an airtight container on some tissue paper so that the tissue will soak up any moisture.
If you plan on using the strawberries later in the year then remove the stems, slice in half, and let it rest in an airtight container in a freezer till you need them again.
What do you need to make your own strawberry jam?
Well if that’s what you want to know then all you actually need is four ingredients. So six chopped strawberries, two boxes of pectin, one and three-quarter honey, two tablespoon lemon juice and I little bit of love and some energy to make this delicious recipe (also a pan and some jars to store this yumminess in)! And that’s all you need to make and enjoy this delicious recipe!
How to make your own strawberry jam?
So this is how you make an amazing strawberry jam recipe…
All you need to do is, in fact, a few easy steps like for the one you would mix the strawberries and pectin until it is lovely smooth texture then you would, in fact, boil the mixture on a high heat where you would stir the mixture occasionally before taking it off and setting down while you graciously add the honey and lemon in, all before placing it back on the stove for a good 5 minutes putting your hands to work by constantly stirring the mixture.
lastly, you would just skim off the foam and enjoy this amazing strawberry jam made from real strawberries… and of course, don’t forget to put the jam in jars for storage purposes and store in the fridge! And that’s all you need to do to make the most amazing jam you have ever tasted!